Monday, December 22, 2008

Land of the freaky: The power of intention

I don't journal very much anymore, but I will when prodded. A couple days ago, I went into my journal to record a dream I didn't want to forget, and my eyes traveled to the prior entry from some months ago.

I feel so great that I got everything done. I was a fabulous script supervisor on my first feature length film, and I also did all the [book] editing that needed to be done. I earned the most money I ever have editing, while doing film work and earning days for the union. I also lost weight and stayed strong. I worked hard, but well. The director, cinematographer and editor loved me. I was part of a great team. I showed my worth abundantly. And, I've never had so much fun. I also did great taking care of [a family member], and getting him to his new location. Everything fell into place harmoniously, because God loves me and wants me to do well.

I SURVIVED JULY 2008.

After I read this, I thought, Yeah, I really did get all that done in July! There's a lot to be grateful for!

But then I noticed the date of the entry. It was July 8. What? I thought. There was also a parenthetical reminding me what my daughter had advised me to do early in the month when I was feeling totally stressed. She told me to write about the month as though it had already happened.

So I did. And it did.

I had totally forgotten writing that entry, yet it happened just as I'd written it. The power of intention, of consenting mentally to a good outcome, is the first step in achieving it outwardly. We have to be able to conceptualize it before we can achieve it.

What do you want your next month to look like? Write it down as though it's already happened, and then check back in six months. You'll probably be as amazed as I am.


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or submit a question.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

1 Comments:

At 12/28/2008 11:48:00 AM, Blogger Canadian Christian Science Healer | Practitioner said...

Thanks for the idea. I tried it myself: wrote from the perspective of 6 months from now as if it had already happened and expressing gratitude for how all my debts were being met and how i was so well supplied. Guess what? The next day, my wife's dad spontaneously decides to buy us a 42 inch flat screen HDTV.

It has led me to deeper contemplate statements of Jesus in Matthew Chapter 7: Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home