Monday, September 29, 2008

Getting up to date

So it's been six months. Thought you might want to know where my head is at! (And how badly my grammar has devolved from not writing every day!)

In the spring, I had put my house on the market. And it didn't sell, and it didn't sell. I was feeling in limbo, and simply lost my will to write. It's hard to write a piece about what you're demonstrating spiritually when nothing that's happening in your life has any conclusion. I think I was in one long demonstration mode.

Eventually things began to happen, however. Definitive things. Like, it was revealed that a close family member has a health issue that suddenly commanded a great deal of attention. I don't want to get any more specific than that, although I hope I can find a way to write about what I've learned through that experience.

Because of the family situation, it didn't seem like it was time to pull up stakes and head west. However, and there's a neat story in here that I will tell specifically in the coming weeks, I was reassured by the Divine that nothing was going to stand in the way of my own progress. I began to get opportunities to work in film, right here in Massachusetts. In short, the time on the set reinforced my passion for film and wanting to get more involved in that industry.

The house sold in the middle of shooting the feature film, and I had to scramble to find a new place. We're now settled in a rental house in the same town that's actually bigger but cheaper than the prior place.

My book editing business continues fascinating, and some of the books are now being published so I'll be able to tell you about them.

I no longer take healing work, so if you're seeking for that kind of help, check out the links in the right column for some of my practitioner friends. Now, I'm just on my own journey, still with the same fundamental convictions but expressing them quietly and privately. Except on this blog, of course! And, I'm always available to get acquainted or to chat with anyone who'd like to share ideas. Feel free to be in touch any time.

So, is there anything in particular you'd like to talk about?


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or submit a question.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

Del.icio.us tags:

6 Comments:

At 9/30/2008 05:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Laura! I have missed your blog.

 
At 9/30/2008 07:04:00 AM, Blogger -mt said...

Thanks for returning. This makes it easier to keep tabs on you.

 
At 9/30/2008 10:28:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

love you...'nuff said...you know the rest...xoxox

 
At 10/02/2008 10:23:00 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

actually, this would be a great time to muse over needs already met - especially with such seemingly insecure employment issues... there's quite a natural unfolding to supply =)

 
At 10/07/2008 08:23:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

 
At 10/09/2008 08:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohio's suec says I miss you and glad you're back though part time.....life is sooooo good here in Ohio and complete as it truly is His plan.....I know you'll understand! Hugs!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home