Monday, March 10, 2008

The only constant is change


Pic is from the meditation center on Sunset near the PCH.
Inscription is the verse from Luke:
"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all they heart
and with all thy soul and with all they strength
and with all thy mind, and thy neighbor as thyself."

I'm back from my trip to Los Angeles. Did everything I set out to do, and then some.

Upshot:

  • I was myself.
  • I was at home.
  • I'm going back.

Things might get a bit hairy around here for the next several months as I figure all this out. It may be that I won't be able to blog four times a week anymore (sorry, Mom!). The best way to stay in touch with the blog is either to sign up for an RSS feed like Bloglines, or subscribe to the notification email that I send out whenever I update (see link in the right hand column). (Another way to stay in touch is to "friend" me in Facebook, but be warned, it's a wild world in there!)

So, I'll probably be posting to this blog when inspiration strikes, rather than being as regular as I have been. I'll be learning significant lessons as time moves on, which I'll write about, and the spiritual journey continues as it always has. Right now my head is too full of details and plans to write coherently, but I'm sure that will settle down eventually, and I'll be in here again with my weird brand of observations on the world.

Talk to you soon!


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

Del.icio.us tags:

9 Comments:

At 3/10/2008 05:29:00 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

wow! I almost feel like my head is spinning thinking of the possibilities of this next step for you! What fun change can be!! So glad your trip was successful. though somehow now it is difficult to think of you NOT being in MA. :)

Much love,
Bets

(P.S.your pic isn't loading.)

 
At 3/10/2008 09:11:00 PM, Blogger PtCakes said...

Congratulations! And all the best of luck,

ptcakes

 
At 3/10/2008 09:40:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Yee Hee ha ha ho ho!
Love it that you loved CA.
I was in Chicago last weekend and saw your mom and she gave me a download on your doings.

 
At 3/11/2008 10:15:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Hurray...you met your objectives...and then some!

So grateful that you discovered that there is a spot on this plane that feels consistent with the sense of home that has been carved out in your heart by all that you are learning with God.

love you...K

 
At 3/12/2008 10:58:00 AM, Blogger Kate said...

by the way...did you notice the photos in both of our posts for today...again...twin daughters of different mothers...or just weird...you choose!

 
At 3/12/2008 03:59:00 PM, OpenID A New Old-fashioned Gal said...

I'm so glad that it was a blast. I can't wait to visit you somewhere a bit warmer than Boston!

 
At 3/14/2008 10:57:00 PM, Anonymous Emily said...

Ah! Our odds of bumping into each other will be much higher now that you're heading for a Route 66 town. Not that I get out to the end of the road often ... but I've yet to make it to Boston, and we're in California at least once every three or four years. Maybe we'll catch up next year!

 
At 3/19/2008 05:26:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Okay...this is enough...i miss you...come back little Sheba........it's lonely out here in the blog barrens...so lonely I can almost hear Emily's bees buzzing now that Kim's on vacation...

 
At 3/24/2008 08:24:00 AM, Blogger Laura Matthews said...

okay, here I am! :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home