Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Soak up the sun

Weather where I am:


Weather where I'm going:


This just brings to mind one of my favorite Sheryl Crow songs, Soak up the Sun, which includes the immortal lines,

It's not having what you want
It's wanting what you've got.

So she's saying she wants to soak up the sun, but then she's telling me to be grateful for what I have. Ha! A little difficult when the snow is coming down in big, white, clumps.

As you might surmise, my schedule is getting tight, but I do hope to post both tomorrow and Thursday. And then it will be toes in the sand and excellent Mexican food until March 9th.


Note: FYI, my Web host is not letting me send out my notification email today, so sorry about that. Should be back to normal tomorrow.


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

Del.icio.us tags:

4 Comments:

At 2/26/2008 08:19:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

A bit like one of my favorite lyrics of all times, from Don Henley's "for my Wedding"

"To want what I have
and take what I am given with grace...for this I pray, on my wedding day"

it's my prayer every day!

have a wonderful wonderful wonderful time soaking up the sun and the love of family and friends...wish I were there to greet you as you came off the plane with that big smile and heart full of expectation and hope...courage and sass!

love you, K

 
At 2/27/2008 07:57:00 AM, Anonymous Dennis R said...

We have had an abundance of snow here in the Chicago area and tonight will be in the single digits temperature wise.

I don't want to be a hog. Let someone else get these blessings

 
At 2/27/2008 09:30:00 PM, Blogger PtCakes said...

Have Fun!

 
At 2/27/2008 09:30:00 PM, OpenID A New Old-fashioned Gal said...

I hope that you have a blast!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home