Monday, February 25, 2008

$25 venture capitalist

Yesterday, with only a few clicks of my mouse and a PayPal account, I turned into an international financier.

I've been entranced with the micro-lending industry since I first heard of it, and Kiva.org just allowed me to get directly involved. After looking through their site pages and seeing how easy the whole thing is, I was able to specify gender, continent and industry to search for a small business needing a loan. For the same price I'd paid earlier that day for a new pair of running shoes (on sale), I added to the tally for Igamba East a Group. My little photo is now on their list of lenders. When they pay the money back, I'll be able to lend the same amount again to some other borrower—and so on, and so on. Amazing!

This is how wealth is created. A little bit from one person turns into a lot for another person. Same as the minimal effort I expended in helping my mentee. A little from me, a lot for you. Who can resist that math?

To me, it's an example of what we can expect to learn more clearly about the nature of the Infinite. For what is infinitude but inexhaustible, spread-able, fill-all-space-able good?

Wrap your head around this with me today. I'm finding it wonderful.


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

Del.icio.us tags:

3 Comments:

At 2/25/2008 01:43:00 PM, OpenID A New Old-fashioned Gal said...

That is so cool! I will have to check them out.

 
At 2/25/2008 03:48:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Me too...what a great oppotunity for making a difference!

thank...hugs, Kate

 
At 2/25/2008 08:20:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I love this group! and have given gifts of $25 to family so that they too an become international financiers in KIVA! It really does show how powerful we can all be by giving just a little of ourselves in the right direction.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home