Thursday, January 10, 2008

"…what Father's smiles are thine…"

Here's my thought for today, a hymn I know from the Christian Science Hymnal. (I wish I could share the tune with you, but the one I'm familiar with is adapted from a Lutheran hymn and the recordings of that hymn do not match these lyrics. If anyone can find the tune online, let me know and I'll add a link.)

Know, O child, thy full salvation;
Rise o'er sin and fear and care;
Joy to find, in every station,
Something still to do, or bear.

Think what spirit dwells within thee;
Think what Father's smiles are thine;
Think what Jesus did to win thee;
Child of heaven, can'st thou repine?

Haste thee on from grace to glory,
Armed with faith and winged with prayer;
Heaven's eternal day before thee,
God's own hand shall guide thee there.

So fulfill thy holy mission,
Swift shall pass thy pilgrim days,
Hope shall change to glad fruition,
Faith to sight and prayer to praise.

—Henry Francis Lyte


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

1 Comments:

At 1/10/2008 12:08:00 PM, Blogger Gramme-Mom said...

Dear Laura,
"Hope shall change to glad
fruition", what a wonderful thought!!
Love you, Mom

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home