Thursday, October 25, 2007

Let it out!



This simply made me weep this morning. I saw it first on beliefnet's JWalking. Please watch it!

And it's fitting in perfectly with something I've been cherishing, and that is finding your voice and expressing it. Notice how the man's talent transcends the most cynical of judges. Notice the looks on their faces, the awe, the sublime joy as something so priceless is shared. Notice audience members leaping to their feet. I'm still weeping. [My friend emailed me: "The guy (Paul Potts) won the entire British competition, and already has a bestselling opera CD out. His career in opera is all set!!"]

I went to a book signing / party last night for a book I edited called Look What I Found Underneath the Bed. It's a fascinating window into the urban black scene, the "dangerously funny" story of a young man coming of age and learning to fend for himself. He takes a job in the moving industry to earn the $10,000 he needs in one summer so he can go to college in the fall. I loved working with this author. He has so much to say, and nothing is going to keep him from saying it.

What's inside you, placed there by the Divine, struggling and panting to get out?

Let it out!


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

6 Comments:

At 10/25/2007 10:50:00 AM, Blogger PtCakes said...

Unbelievable! Stunning!

 
At 10/25/2007 10:58:00 AM, Anonymous Sandy in Utah said...

A coworker shared this video with me a couple of months ago and I still go back to watch it every now and then when I need a lift. What strikes me almost as much as Paul's amazing talent is his genuine humility. He knows he has been given an amazing gift and he wants to share it for the simple reason that he loves opera. Would that more of our so-called "celebrities" (with a fraction of Paul's talent) had such meekness. Thanks for making this wonderful video available to more people, Laura.

Sandy

 
At 10/25/2007 01:31:00 PM, Anonymous Dennis R. said...

This video really hit home when someone sent it to me recently. My passion after God and my family is playing the accordion. A lot of people are cynical as well.

Not that I am technically that great, but I play from the heart. I have had the experience in my life of peoples jaws dropping open because they never knew the beauty that can come from an accordion.

Its what comes from the heart.

 
At 10/25/2007 04:41:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

hey laura...

i am sure you will have hundreds of hits on your blog from this post...it is stunning...i can't stop watching it...or weeping...thank you...hugs, k

 
At 10/29/2007 07:16:00 AM, Blogger PtCakes said...

I've watching this film clip over and over again. Day after day.

 
At 10/30/2007 12:24:00 AM, Blogger O Susannah! said...

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou for posting this! It's a keeper!!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home