Tuesday, September 11, 2007

This would have been a post about 9/11…

…but I just don't have the heart for it today. I tried writing something earlier, didn't work.

Just came back from a meeting where they acknowledged the day, and several people had comments to share. Even though this was a business meeting, the speakers got very profound.

The day continues to affect us in so many ways. I suppose you could say the world changed that day. Have you ever watched a pre-9/11 movie and thought to yourself, "That could never happen now"? Last Christmas, we watched Home Alone again, and the idea of almost missing your international, non-stop flight to Paris from Chicago and running through customs, with the flight attendant merely counting you as you pile into your seats in both first class and coach, was surreal. No way could they have left the ground like that today.

And every now and then in a movie set in New York, there will be the glamour shot of Manhattan with the Twin Towers in glorious display. I never realized how iconic they were until they were gone.

So today I guess the way to describe my emotion is pensive and contemplative, along with some mourning for how the world was altered. Any thoughts to share? Would love to have them.

And I guess this post was about 9/11 after all.


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

4 Comments:

At 9/11/2007 10:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think about the people who perpetrated the 9/11 massacre...and about bin Laden urging others to "martyr" themselves and do more damage. I do not maintain that our nation is guiltless, innocent of perpetrating damage to others, neither do I believe that it is guilty in God's eyes to justify slaughter. I pray that those who believe in an angry god who calls for revenge and retribution will have their mental eyes opened to the God who is Love.
-ObiDon

 
At 9/11/2007 02:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

9/11 is not an easy memory. This date is also our son't birthday. In searching for something to uplift my thought this morning, I found the article (link below) from today's CS Monitor.
Evelyn

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0911/p18s01-hfcs.html

 
At 9/11/2007 08:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a brief but heartfelt thank you Laura to you and all at spirituality.com for the wonderfully uplifting thoughts and prayers shared with us all during those very sad days following 9-11-01. I will never forget how much that helped.
Barb

 
At 9/11/2007 11:14:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

In a German airport in October that same year I was struck by an English headline of an international paper that said - 9/11 was the day the world changed for Americans. Definitely for me, it brought into sharp focus the need to heal and to see the wholeness of the global family. In CS, we learn that there is one GOd - and this God enforces the law of universal love and universal Truth.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home