Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Gratitude to the Father

Have you done a gratitude list lately? Here's mine for today:

  • My son and I are getting along. Yay!
  • My daughter is happily settled in her new apartment in Brooklyn.
  • The dog is a riot. He was leaping and snapping at a housefly the other day—hysterical.
  • My work is going well. I'm getting a lot of editing in, and am developing a "Do-It-Yourself Publishing" phone seminar.
  • I'm working on a novel that I'm in love with. Very energizing.

But I think what I'm most grateful for is this:

  • When I pray, I get an answer.

This morning, in the wee waking hours, so relaxed and at peace, I simply thought the word "Father." (Even with all the exploration I've done with words like Spirit, Soul, Love, Truth, etc., the word Father is still my most powerful entry point to prayer. Go figure.)

So I sent the word "Father" up as a thought balloon, and instantly was filled with reassurance and gladness. It's a feeling for me, that all is well, that I'm in His hands, that life is unfolding as it should and I can enjoy the ride. It's like breathing in fresh air. It puts everything in perspective.

Today my week is going to shift into overdrive, with a bunch of appointments and assignments to accomplish through Friday. I'm so grateful to have this foundation of peace to rest in as I go.


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

4 Comments:

At 9/25/2007 12:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe I’m seeing a new masthead to your blog: Reasoning Together. Am I? Didn’t the former one say Laura Matthews?

Glad all is going well with you at this time. This must be the Day that the Lord hath made ...

 
At 9/25/2007 02:44:00 PM, Blogger Magdiel Martinez said...

I love the new title!! :)

Actually, I experienced the same thing these past few days. I have been feeling anxious about alot of things. But prayer has put things into perspective. I feel at peace, in spite of what is going on around me. I am realizing the power of St. John's statement: Perfect Love casteth out fear.

This Perfect Love holds me in her hands as the days unfold. I have this sweet assurance that everything will be alright. The good that I experienced at my previous school still follows me to the next phase of my life. Apart from God, I can't experience good. But God is always with me, and he is the source of every good thing.

 
At 9/25/2007 10:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN to all that's been said! I'm going through a trial right now, seemingly; but I know God is right here right now and never lets go!
Bless you all - and love the new masthead too...it seems so right.....so impersonalizing.

 
At 9/26/2007 03:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! Prayer at its simplest, and, perhaps, best.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home