Gratitude to the Father
Have you done a gratitude list lately? Here's mine for today:
- My son and I are getting along. Yay!
- My daughter is happily settled in her new apartment in Brooklyn.
- The dog is a riot. He was leaping and snapping at a housefly the other day—hysterical.
- My work is going well. I'm getting a lot of editing in, and am developing a "Do-It-Yourself Publishing" phone seminar.
- I'm working on a novel that I'm in love with. Very energizing.
But I think what I'm most grateful for is this:
- When I pray, I get an answer.
This morning, in the wee waking hours, so relaxed and at peace, I simply thought the word "Father." (Even with all the exploration I've done with words like Spirit, Soul, Love, Truth, etc., the word Father is still my most powerful entry point to prayer. Go figure.)
So I sent the word "Father" up as a thought balloon, and instantly was filled with reassurance and gladness. It's a feeling for me, that all is well, that I'm in His hands, that life is unfolding as it should and I can enjoy the ride. It's like breathing in fresh air. It puts everything in perspective.
Today my week is going to shift into overdrive, with a bunch of appointments and assignments to accomplish through Friday. I'm so grateful to have this foundation of peace to rest in as I go.
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.