Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Q: More on "dying young"

I was going to answer another question today, but the comments on yesterday's entry were too interesting to pass up. Food for thought!

From Dennis:

I do not have a problem leaving this mortal dream, but I do not want to do it on error's terms.

If it is time, why can't we just make the transition without being riddled with disease?

One of my favorite Bible characters is Enoch. He walked with God and was translated without disease. I feel that is our goal.

From Anonymous:

I liked Dennis' comment; and I like the word "translated," which I think may have to do with a clearer form of understanding—like when a language is translated for us and we have some new understanding of what formerly was confusing sounds.

Here's a verse from Isaiah I ran across long ago that may be appropriate to include as a comment:

Isaiah 57:1-2 (New Living Translation)
1 Good people pass away; the godly often die before their time.
But no one seems to care or wonder why.
No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come.
2 For those who follow godly paths
will rest in peace when they die.

From Robert:

Good topic.

Several years ago I had a delightful conversation with a woman in her late 80's who was one of those folks everyone is just drawn to because she loved everyone. She made you feel special. The next day at 5:30 AM she was found dead in her bed. Since she lived in a retirement community, the residents spoke of her departure with great admiration. No lingering, no suffering. An exit we all wish for ourselves. A few years later I discovered she was a Christian Scientist and that was in no way a small incentive for me to look into Christian Science. Several months ago I discovered Mindy Jostyn's "In His Eyes" on a TMCYouth podcast and was dismayed to find this woman died way too young. But listening to her 2 albums I got from the reading room I can see how she fulfilled an extraordinary mission of creating beautiful, masterful music. When I listen to her music it is like God is singing to me. It is God singing to me! How long does one need to be in a body to accomplish that? How long did Jesus need to be on earth to forever change the world? Hmmmmmm.

Hmmmmmm is right!


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home