Friday, July 13, 2007

Q: Perfect harmony, health, happiness

Recently one of my blog readers lost a daughter to a drug overdose. I know she emailed many people for support. In response to my email to her, she wrote back with this question:

What would be your definition...your image of perfect health....your image of perfect harmony? Perfect happiness? What would these look like to you?

These were surprising questions, but clearly her wrestling during this time is going deep. As I thought about her questions, I realized I have seen perfect health, harmony and happiness—I’ve seen them in prayer.

When I get to the heart of prayer, my mental universe expands exponentially. What I feel is entire wellbeing, unlimited vision, infinite motion. It’s as though all creation is laid out before me, and I can see and comprehend it all. Like I’m standing on a mountaintop, with a crisp fresh breeze and a breathtaking vista of light and color and activity.

I have no limitations because I have no material body. There is no discord because all creation is spiritual. I am glad without measure because there is nothing to ruffle the perfect confidence that beauty and joy fill all space.

Okay, so, this is hard to describe. But it’s very real to me. I believe, because I’ve experienced it mentally, that perfect happiness, harmony and health are ours right now. They are a function of being created in the image and likeness of Spirit. That image and likeness has no material boundaries or constraints. Without matter, we are limitless. We are perfect. We are whole.

I carry this mindset through the world with me now. I don’t expect material existence to be without its ripples because it’s inherently limited and flawed. But I can continue to experience harmony, health and happiness because they come from within. They exist in thought, and as long as I keep my thought aligned with that reality, I embody that truth.

Please share your thoughts. When have you felt/experienced perfect harmony, health, happiness?


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

2 Comments:

At 7/14/2007 06:19:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Great question.

I've experienced it sometimes in prayer - often when outside in wild and wide open areas and sometimes in the midst of pain!
Once when I was presnting, a waves of nausea kept washing over me - and I felt calm, totally protected and loved - and the waves went away' another time when I experienced sever abdominal pains - I prayed, and went to bed to rest and felt loved, that the prayer was effective and that the work was done. I woke up healed.

Thanks for asking!

 
At 7/16/2007 05:47:00 AM, Blogger PtCakes said...

For me, it's when I'm hugging my children.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home