Today I awoke with gratitude in my heart.
I’m grateful for:
- Gainful employment, continue professional growth, work that I love
- Harmonious relationships—fantastic friends, beautiful children, loving family, superlative colleagues
- Abundance, including a comfortable home and all that I need for both survival and some pleasures
- Health, which is both a strong, functional body and a feeling of immortality
- A world around me that fascinates me, and a conviction that humanity is making progress every day
- Ongoing self-discovery as I learn more about my Creator, the Divine
- A spiritual practice that both comforts me and spurs continual growth
What more could I possibly ask? I’m feeling replete with blessings today.
The metaphor that’s coming to me to describe this feeling hearkens back to childhood. It’s like eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. PB&J is just fun to eat and filling and joyous and youthful and full of the promise of play time ahead. Add in the tall glass of milk, and I couldn’t be happier.
PB&J for lunch, anyone?
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.