Thursday, July 19, 2007

PB&J

Today I awoke with gratitude in my heart.

I’m grateful for:

  • Gainful employment, continue professional growth, work that I love
  • Harmonious relationships—fantastic friends, beautiful children, loving family, superlative colleagues
  • Abundance, including a comfortable home and all that I need for both survival and some pleasures
  • Health, which is both a strong, functional body and a feeling of immortality
  • A world around me that fascinates me, and a conviction that humanity is making progress every day
  • Ongoing self-discovery as I learn more about my Creator, the Divine
  • A spiritual practice that both comforts me and spurs continual growth

What more could I possibly ask? I’m feeling replete with blessings today.

The metaphor that’s coming to me to describe this feeling hearkens back to childhood. It’s like eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. PB&J is just fun to eat and filling and joyous and youthful and full of the promise of play time ahead. Add in the tall glass of milk, and I couldn’t be happier.

PB&J for lunch, anyone?


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home