Thursday, June 14, 2007

Spiritual staging

Please take my Blog Reader Project survey.

So yesterday. Rearranged living room, rearranged basement, rearranged office, rearranged kitchen. Stripped all walls of personal photos. Ran errands to pick up bins, paint, ceiling popcorn, carpet cleaner. Still to come: transfer of multiple furniture items to other rooms, general decluttering, making keys and signing papers. Open house is on Sunday.

This part is actually enormously helpful. I'm enjoying sprucing the house up for sale, making it look the most attractive to buyers. It's making me again appreciate its assets and the reasons I bought it in the first place. It's been a nice little home for us. I didn't get to all the fixing up that I'd wanted to do, but for the most part it was comfortable, bright, cheery, safe.

I'm grateful that all those spiritual qualities will both stay in the house and come with us, too. I've moved enough to know that spiritual qualities are like that. Once you've demonstrated them, you always have them.

Well, another day dawns with a detailed to-do list, so gotta get moving. I love this blog—it's part of home I won't have to pack!


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

2 Comments:

At 6/14/2007 09:15:00 AM, Anonymous Emily said...

If you get swamped and need a little nudge from a human standpoint, FlyLady.net is wonderful for decluttering and getting ready for a move. Great advice on there, especially for moments when you've got a million things to do and a deadline looming.

 
At 6/15/2007 03:42:00 AM, Anonymous Robert SF said...

Laura,
I am so grateful for YOU! Even in the midst of what may seem like great upheaval (moving, in terms of stress, is listed at the top of the scale along with the loss of a spouse and losing a job) you still manage to reach out to those of us who check into your blog for upliftment and the spiritual thoughts you so unselflishly and honestly bring to the events in your life. Thanks.
Robert

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home