Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Q: Supply = idea

Site reader Byron asked me about supply yesterday. This is such a non-stop issue, isn't it? And I don't mean just about money. It's about do we have what we need, and what happens if we don't? It's about choosing whether to believe in lack or in abundance. It's not the bank account or the paycheck. It's inspiration, gratitude and action.

This is definitely a work-in-progress for me, but I don't feel bad about it. A very wise spiritual healer I once knew said this is something we need to demonstrate every day, ongoing. It's not something we figure out once then forget about it. Even if we have all the money in the world, there will still be the need to overcome lack in other areas—maybe time, maybe health, maybe love. Most of us are focused on money as the measure of supply, but I'm becoming convinced this is way off. It's not dollars at all.

So what have I learned, as recently as last week? That all I need is ideas. All I need, have ever needed, will ever need is new inspiration from the Divine to direct my next step. That's it. One idea, even, to initiate one next step. For, I can only take one step at a time.

If I'm afraid, if I'm scrambling to make money, if I'm acting under the impression that I need to figure out what to do, I block this free flow of ideas from the Divine. Because it is a free flow. Ideas are pouring out to us constantly. They are the embodiment or articulation of what harmony looks like in our particular instance, and we have constant access to them.

For example, the idea comes to be available when someone asks for help. I consent to this idea. I later get a phone call from someone asking me to substitute for them at a meeting. As busy as I am, I might turn the person down—but I got that earlier idea to be available. So I say yes, perhaps even grudgingly. But then I go to the meeting, and I do my duty as cheerfully as possible. I leave the meeting with three new clients.

This has happened more times than I can say, so now I trust that it's a good idea to be available. I'm obedient, and this obedience leads me.

So to me, demonstrating abundance is about demonstrating an openness to ideas and a willingness to be obedient. To not second-guess the ideas, but to follow them with expectation of good.

Here are two passages from Mary Baker Eddy that I like:

Divine Love always has met and always will meet every human need. Science and Health

This line could sound like divine Love *sends* what we need. However, a while back I read this as divine Love *being* what we need. Divine Love itself is the answer to our needs. The presence of divine Love meets every human need. This perspective brought Love much closer to me in thought, and I felt embraced.

God gives you His spiritual ideas, and in turn, they give you daily supplies. Angels

Here's that equation again: God sends ideas, they lead to what you need. I might add, "if you follow them." The arrival of these ideas is not passive on our part. We need to greet them, welcome them, obey them, take action.

Somehow, while I might think of bank accounts or equity lines as finite, it's easy for me to understand that ideas are infinite. How can there ever be a shortage of ideas? They fill all space, eternally. That being the case, there is no lack at all, how could there be? Ideas fill the need infinitely.

You have infinite supply because you have infinite ideas arriving moment-by-moment from the Divine. Look to this Source as your fount of blessing, and follow where it leads.


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home