Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Prayer as a place

As a follow up on yesterday’s entry, I thought I’d write more about how I pray. Specifically, how I’ve been praying lately.

Lately it’s been more a solid confidence and knowing that all is well more than any detailed metaphysical process. I’m just keeping in the calm zone, sure of the destination even as the next step is unfolding.

There have been several challenges lately to test this mindset. An injury in the family, a brush with the garage that knocked off a side view mirror, the discovery of a heretofore unheard of (not serious, merely annoying) physical condition, the ongoing dance of real estate brokers and showings, a flood of work with not enough time to do it.

Yet through all these little ripples, my goal is maintaining my peace. Staying even keel, letting the waves move me forward without resistance. It’s like I’m in this prayer space where nothing can get at me. The sun is shining there, the breeze blows cool and clean, my head is clear and the view is infinite.

It’s prayer as a place. And I have to say, I love it here.


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

Del.icio.us tags:

1 Comments:

At 6/26/2007 11:15:00 AM, Anonymous chris said...

this is a great reminder on how to maintain "prayer-mode" and that it isnt always praying about a specific situation/event...to me, this is how we keep our spiritual armor on all the time. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home