Friday, June 22, 2007

Goodness rising like a phoenix

This story on CNN inspired me: Bullies Beware.

It tells about Olivia, a young girl who was mercilessly bullied by her peers at school. She even considered suicide. Then, two other children from another school heard about her situation from a news show about bullying, and they wrote to her, encouraging her. They started a letter campaign with their classmates to send her messages of love and support. The whole thing turned around.

I hope you’ll read the story and some of the comments afterward from readers. Although some of the worst of human behavior is described, some of the best comes out as well. And, like what we’ve been discussing about healing this week, sometimes it takes the problems in life to bring us the most inspiration.

When we see goodness rising like a phoenix from the ashes of human cruelty, we know that this is the reality after all. And even the bullies will see it someday.


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

2 Comments:

At 6/23/2007 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Laura, thank you soooo much for this post. I updated my new blog site!! The new link is www.inspirationsfromateenager.blogspot.com

I would also appreciate it if in the future, whenever you reccomend it to someone, that you don't let them know my name. Well I mean obviously my name is "Tim", but nothing more. Thank you very much!! :-) :-) :-)

 
At 6/23/2007 04:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh! Please help me Laura! I have a question that has been bugging me all night! I've never actually formally posted a comment on your blog before, because I've always been afraid to. But this has just been bugging me for too many years that I finally got up the courage to just post it anyway. Here's my question for you to maybe write a post about (only if you want).

I just came across a link to a blog that a friend reccomended to me. And the question that he just posted has been crazy! Can you please check it out? He said "How do you pray?"

I have no idea how to pray! Can you please help me?

Thank you very much, I really don't mean to sound like a desperate little kid. I almost sound like my 3 year-old son. I would just really appreciate it if you wrote a post about this question, because this "Tim" person really is driving me crazy. Thank you very much.

~Jack Q

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home