Friday, June 08, 2007

Eternal youth

If 50 is the new 40, what’s 45?

Thanks for all the great messages yesterday, both in the comments and emails. They’re actually the best “presents” I could have gotten, ones that gave me a sense of re-“birth” on this glorious Fri-“day.”

Yep, it’s that time of the year again for me. I’m just turning 45. When Mary Baker Eddy was 45, she discovered Christian Science. And I suppose that’s always been my benchmark of the kind of thing one should have accomplished by now. I didn’t put two-and-two together until this morning, though! Yesterday’s doldrums might have been anticipation about the significance of today’s date, which frankly I had forgotten about until Facebook reminded me.

Age is a funny thing. I mean, I know I’m accumulating memories and experience, but I don’t feel any older mentally or physically than I did when I was 17. Here’s what my note from The Universe told me this morning:

Disappointment, without anger, is the mark of an old soul.

Not being disappointed is the mark of a really old soul.

And trusting life so thoroughly that every step on its path is valued more than where it was supposed to take you, is the mark of eternal youth.

You hottie,

The Universe

The last bit made me laugh, and the truth of the third sentence is sinking in. Feeling alive is a mental experience. I don’t feel remotely like I’m winding down or finishing up or turning off. I still feel the same anticipation at the start of a new day that I always have. What will today hold? Where will it lead? Who will I meet, what will we do? Constant curiosity kicks me into gear each morning, and I’m off and running.

So 45 is just a number with no actual meaning, isn’t it? If I’m eternal, there’s nothing I can’t or won’t do eventually. I’ve got all eternity to accomplish all that divine Mind has in store for me.

Wow, that is a powerful thought for me this morning. All the things I want to do, all the people I want to meet, I will get to in some form eventually because I have all eternity. Infinite accomplishment is therefore assured. No timetable or goal setting is needed, because it all exists within me already.

So maybe the real question is: What aspect of my eternal nature is being expressed today? Each and every aspect will be expressed fully in the divine scheme, so I can sit back and simply enjoy what comes forth today. Each day is fresh in its own right, yet each day is a part of an eternal continuity. Each day I am fully actualized; yet each day I am born anew.

And that, my friends, could be a working definition of eternal youth.


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

1 Comments:

At 6/08/2007 07:30:00 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Great thoughts on this great day, Laura! Love the message from the Universe, but was blissfully unaware of what year mark we'd reached until you noted it here! Gosh, thanks so much! :( Anyway, thank goodness it is irrelevant. Your post made me think of a favorite idea from Science and Health.

"God expresses in man the infinite idea forever developing itself, rising higher and higher from a boundless basis." (p. 258) - infinite and ageless, constant growth, its the journey.

Happy journey!
Love,
b

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home