Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Busy-ness

I get this crazy e-newsletter from "the Universe" that comes to my email box every day. They're little spiritual messages of encouragement. A friend recommended it to me, and I subscribed just to say I did, thinking it would probably be wacky and I'd unsubscribe shortly thereafter. Instead, months later, I keep reading the things, and they always make me smile.

Yesterday's was this:

Often, Laura, the very most spiritual thing one can do, is get busy. Physically busy. Hoeing, chopping, planting. Connecting, moving, grooving. Dipping, swirling, twirling.

Especially dipping, swirling, twirling.

2, 3, 4 -
The Universe

Of course, the night before I had been contra-dancing, so I laughed. But also, my to-do list has just been stacking up lately. And stacking up. And stacking up. So this message encouraged me to just dive in. And I got a lot done yesterday.

Today promises to be another crazy day of meetings and tasks. But I like the idea of approaching the "doing" from a spiritual perspective, like I'm riding a wave of divine energy that is empowering me to accomplish many things. After all, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

How do you handle busy-ness?


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

1 Comments:

At 5/17/2007 06:43:00 AM, Blogger PtCakes said...

Hi Laura,

Interesting that you should have this blog tapping into devine energy when you are busy the same day I blog about the gifts I find along the way of busy days. God works in mysterious ways for us all.

All the best,
ptcakes

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home