Tuesday, April 17, 2007

So saddened

As we all are, I’m so saddened by the news out of Virginia yesterday. My good friend Chris Raymond wrote about it on her new blog:

Sending prayers to Virginia Tech

I’d love to know how everyone’s thinking about this… what inspiration is comforting you? If you blogged about it, send me the link and I’ll post it as well. Or, put it right in the comments.

As for me, the thought that came is this passage from Mary Baker Eddy:

Remember, thou canst be brought into no condition, be it ever so severe, where Love has not been before thee and where its tender lesson is not awaiting thee.
Those kids and families are wrapped up in that Love, right now and always.

Many hugs today.


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

Del.icio.us tags:

1 Comments:

At 4/17/2007 10:20:00 AM, Blogger sandra said...

Hi Laura

I echo your prayer. I remember the prayer of St Francis-

"Let me be an instrument of Thy Peace.
Where there is hatred let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

I send all involved my love and also I know that Mary, the mother of Jesus, whose name means bitterness but also beloved and cherished, extends compassion to us and for us no matter how we feel. And on a practical level, is it wise for access to guns to be so easy? What kind of intention is expressed by this policy? I know I need to drop the instrument of hate in my heart but maybe like children some people need protecting from themselves. God bless America!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home