Wednesday, March 07, 2007

It's all good

I love how all the comments on yesterday's post line up over there in the blog main page's right column, saying, "It's gonna be all right" over and over again. It was like getting reassuring pats on my back all day long. I also received some amazing supportive emails and even a few phone calls. Thank you, everybody.

You know how kids today say, "It's all good" all the time? Like when you have to change plans on them, or when you forgot to do something for them, or when a mutual friend disappoints. The kids will shrug and say, "It's all good."

I remember the first time a friend of my daughter's said that to me, I wanted to smack him. It made no sense to me in the context of what we were talking about and I thought he was blowing me off. Since then, I've heard it enough that I think I now get it. It means, "Don't worry about it, I'm sure everything's happening the way it's supposed to." In other words, they're expecting good.

My sister and I have been talking in detail about the law of attraction (as described in The Secret). She reminded me that what I think governs my experience. If I'm worried or anxious, that's what I'll feel. I can instead embrace and intentionally pursue peace, joy, harmony, expectancy of good. I can expect good.

She and I also discussed how each day is new. The past has no power unless we decide to drag it forward into today. By approaching each day as new, we have a clean slate and can put anything on it that we want.

Today I choose to expect good. I believe there is a divine omnipotent Source that gives only good, so I'm aligning myself with that Source in expecting it.

It's all good. And if you comment today, you'll give me a nice long list of that sentiment in the right hand column!


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

5 Comments:

At 3/07/2007 08:41:00 AM, Blogger PtCakes said...

I firmly believe in the law of attraction. I see it my life, and in my children. It's all good.

 
At 3/07/2007 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

It IS all good...and so are you...all good...I see you as if you were one of my kindergartners twenty-five years ago... as a sweet, sassy, good girl who is smart and funny and full of promise...the kind of girl I would think all week long...wow..I can't wait to watch her grow into the fullness of her thinking!

So today I am going to think of you as a Kindergartner who can write a full sentence (properly puncutuated mind you), quietly organize the puzzles on the shelf by level of difficulty while the otehr students are finishing their math, and then kick butt on the playground in a game of dodgeball!

So...tie on your tennies, put your hair in pig tails, grab a PB&J and a copy of Charlotte's Web and sit in the sun pondering your greatness and the mark you are going to leave on the world....tomorrow...later today...or even just after you kick some butt on the mental playground!

Love you...Kate

 
At 3/07/2007 01:18:00 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Thanks a lot for todays inspiring post. I've been struggling this year with knowing that it always is good. Not going to go into details, but I've seemed to sometimes realize that "it's all good" when I may be feeling very tired, cranky, discouraged, depressed, or whatever junk you want to call it! Thanks again!
~Tim

 
At 3/07/2007 02:05:00 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Adding goodness to your cup that is already full and overflowing!

Hugs,
bets

 
At 3/07/2007 08:41:00 PM, Anonymous Heather said...

**I remember the first time a friend of my daughter's said that to me, I wanted to smack him. It made no sense to me in the context of what we were talking about and I thought he was blowing me off.**

I do think tone/intention would play a big role in saying, "It's all good," though. Because there's a way of saying it flippantly, which shows that one either didn't listen to the other person, or see that the person was going through a hard time -- basically, just shrugging the person off with a surface 'everything will be okay'. Then there's the tone that says, "It's all good" in a caring, loving way, that acknowledges that the person may seem to be bearing a lot, or under a lot of pressure or pain, but underneath (and overneath and around-neath ;)), is God's goodness that cannot be disturbed, no matter how much mortal mind says otherwise.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home