Thursday, December 28, 2006

It's a relation "ship"

Before moving on to the second question from yesterday about birth control, I wanted to bring this wonderful comment to your attention, from Pamela:

My husband and I have been married for 36 years this December. I feel that is solely because of our devotion to being humble, respectful, sovereign, individual, loving, patient and that we listen to God's direction and spiritualize our relationship.

My husband likes to think of it as a relation...."ship" since he is a wooden boat builder. It is like a ship at sea.... meaning that it is not always beautiful weather and there will be some challenges, but you know that "Love is at the Helm of thought" and never need to give up or jump over the side. The ship (sailboat) rides out the storm bobbing up and down, but never tipping over. It has the heavy keel full of bountiful spiritual ideas that balances the challenge. You can throw out a steadying anchor to slow it down. The anchor is the firm foundation that you can't see and the sails are the consciousness and connection to God that embrace and fill with inspiration that powers the ship. The rudder keeps you on track going in the right direction and the compass shows you where you are heading. And then we read the story about Jesus calming the storm "Peace be still to all human fears."

We have sailed across the Atlantic, in the Mediterranean and up and down to the Caribbean. I have learned so much about letting go and letting God be in control because you have NO other choice. We just need to accept, yield, allow, let God take charge. It is all about Soul and Spirit, Truth Life and Love and Principle and Mind.


Wonderful!

Pamela refers to one of my favorite passages from Mary Baker Eddy:

We have nothing to fear when Love is at the helm of thought, but everything to enjoy on earth and in heaven.

--Miscellaneous Writings, p. 113

Seems to me that passage applies particularly to the issue of intimacy. Enjoyment is a natural outcome of putting Love first in thought.


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

1 Comments:

At 12/29/2006 01:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a question which is not related to this blog entry at all, but I'm new to the whole thought process of CS, and I never really understood how Principle fit in. I'm just looking to understand how it is used in this context, the rest I can comprehend and am working through understanding, but Principle baffels me completely!
If you could spare a minute of your time to give me some input I would more than appreciate it.
Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home