Thursday, November 23, 2006

Unusual but still great

I'm thinking carefully now… this may be the first Thanksgiving morning in my entire live I've woken up in a house with no one else in it. Huh. I'm like… tasting it, putting it on for size. Interesting to be so cut loose.

It's not a bad feeling, maybe because it was the plan for today. Later, I'll drive down to my daughter's college in the Big Apple to spend a wild New York few days with her. (I may not be posting tomorrow, but I will be checking email.) My son is staying out at his school because it's such a short weekend. My daughter will drive back up with me and stay until Monday. I also have some good friends in town for the weekend that I'll be able to see once I'm back up here.

So it will be a busy weekend. But for right now, I'm alone with my thoughts.

And those thoughts are peaceful. It's been a great year. I've learned a lot, I've been blessed, I've gotten good ideas when I needed them and had the courage to act on them. Health is good, bank account reasonably stable, and this dear little house still feels like a comfortable sanctuary.

Thanksgiving to me is a day to put all wants aside and just exist in the haves. I want nothing today, I have everything now.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Meeting you is definitely one of this year's "haves." You are a part of my gratitude today.


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

Del.icio.us tags:

1 Comments:

At 11/24/2006 11:35:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! having you for a friend and fellow blogger is definitely on my list of gratitude this season.

Blog on!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home