Monday, November 13, 2006

How you can learn to heal

From the chapter Recapitulation in Science and Health:

Question. — Will you explain sickness and show how it is to be healed?

Answer. — The method of Christian Science Mind-healing is touched upon in a previous chapter entitled Christian Science Practice. A full answer to the above question involves teaching, which enables the healer to demonstrate and prove for himself the Principle and rule of Christian Science or metaphysical healing.

Incredible weekend. Visited a local Christian Science association, and the ideas and conversations have really jump-started my prayer.

This association is made up of the students of a particular Christian Science teacher. Each teacher has their own association of students, which meets once per year. Once a teacher has passed on, as mine did over twenty years ago, you have the option to visit other associations for your annual spiritual feast. This is the first time I'd ever taken advantage of this privilege, and I suspect it won't be the last!

I remember class instruction like it was yesterday. My teacher was very clear about keeping the experience free from distractions, so we didn't watch TV during class or read newspapers, etc. The two weeks stand alone to me as a singular memory unconnected to any other. It's still very present for me when I recall the material covered and how inspiring it was.

The course is based on the Q&A chapter in Mary Baker Eddy's Science and Health, Recapitulation. We spent the first four days on God alone, focusing on the seven synonyms found in the first question in the chapter. I remember right after the lesson on Love, I walked back to where I was staying on a cloud. Everything around me appeared bathed in Love. Each person on the street glowed with the presence of Love. Even a street person I saw embodied to me that day his eternal heritage as a child of Love.

This weekend, the value of class instruction hit home for me anew. For me, class brought all that I'd learned on my spiritual journey up to that point into focus. Since then, the teaching has been the foundation of all the progress I've made. If you haven't looked into it yet, I encourage you to do so. There are teachers all over the world, and any one of them would love to hear from you.

Well, I have 13 pages of notes to attend to from the meeting this weekend. And you know a lot of it will show up here in this blog!


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

1 Comments:

At 11/13/2006 05:38:00 PM, Anonymous Carrie said...

for some reason i'm surprised at the answer she gave to that question... I wasn't expecting her to say that learning how to heal came more from taking the class then reading the book... maybe the book is the main tool for taking care of your own life vs healing others...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home