Friday, August 11, 2006

Spiritual responsiveness

I'm kinda jazzed this morning about what the team at SpiritOnTheJob.com accomplished last night.

In response to the news yesterday, one of the team wrote an inspirational article. Another team member posted it and made it pretty. A discussion was started in the discussion boards. Someone had the idea to send out a quick "prayer alert" to our newsletter list, along with pointing Google AdWords to the page. I got to do those two things. The whole process turned on a dime.

We've done this before in other settings, but last night was the first time everything came together for SpiritOnTheJob.com. I feel like we're finding our feet finally.

This part from the 91st Psalm was included in the prayer alert, so thought I'd share it with you:

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. ...
Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night;
nor for the arrow that flieth by day; ...
For he shall give his angels charge over thee,
to keep thee in all thy ways.

--Psalm 91

Those immortal words just seem to fit so well to the situation, don't they? Astonishing. One person who saw the newsletter wrote in, "I tell you what got to me.....it was Psalm 91. I loved it. I'm sitting inside of its message."

The whole thing is making me think of how important it is to be spiritually responsive. Even if you don't have a Website at your disposal, you can be an instant spiritual warrior when you hear news of terror or tragedy. The natural flow of spirituality strengthening you makes you able to help others.

I used to not pay attention to the news because it was all bad and I didn't want it to bring down my day. Then I started working with the incredible team that I now work with on SpiritOnTheJob, and I learned I didn't need to have my head in the sand if I were ready with a response. I had grown a lot spiritually, and had more to offer the world than I thought. I truly believe that in many circumstances, we could actually see how our prayer response made a difference.

Today, I hope we'll all take a moment to turn our inspired thoughts to the airlines. There's a lot of confusion and inconvenience being reported, but of course the alternative story could have been much worse. Praise the Divine and that British intelligence worker for doing their jobs and preventing a horror from happening. And keep supporting everyone, each in their places just doing their jobs, as they continue to sort this all out.


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

1 Comments:

At 8/11/2006 07:39:00 AM, Anonymous Dennis R said...

When I heard the report of the arrest of all these people involved in this plot, it looked to me like answer to prayer. There had to be people praying for such a large operation to be halted, and such tragedy from happening.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home