Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Psalm 119

Okay, I've finally made it to Psalm 119! (I know, I know, it's been more than 119 days since I started my Psalms read-through. But I'm still loving it.)

And, serendipitously, lately I was trolling LibraryThing's blogger's message board and happened upon James Kubecki's site. He's just started a series, Blogging through Psalm 119. He's doing it in sections and I'm doing one section a day in my read through, so I am printing out his thoughts to go along with what I'm reading. Very inspiring.

He links to a very cool resource site I wanted to share, that shows the Psalm is an acrostic, meaning each line in a section starts with the same letter. (Remember Hebrew reads from right to left and you'll see what he means.)

Kubecki also explains in his introductory entry that Psalm 119 is all about the Word of God. He gives a lot of great Bible background. I love what he has to say about the "promise" of God's Word:

Isn't that really what the Bible is all about, anyway? The promise (word, faithfulness, testimony) of salvation? Isn't that the whole purpose, to make us, like Timothy, complete and wise for salvation through faith?

So, since I'll be gone for a few days (until the 6th), I'd like to invite you to join with me in my Psalm 119 reading, and check out Kubecki's thoughts as well. We can compare notes next week!

Have a Spirit-filled week.

p.s., I'll be checking my email while I'm gone, so if you need me, feel free to email!


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

Del.icio.us tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home