Friday, August 25, 2006

"In heavenly Love abiding…"

Today is favorite hymn day. What with meetings and packing up two kids and trips to the airport and hurried meals, I want this hymn to be running through my head all day.

If you're not familiar with it and you'd like to hear the tune, check out this link. (I was able to play the MIDI file with Windows Media Player.)


Hymn 148 in the Christian Science Hymnal

Words by Anna L. Waring

Tune: EWING, by Alexander Ewing

In heavenly Love abiding,
No change my heart shall fear;
And safe is such confiding,
For nothing changes here.
The storm may roar without me,
My heart may low be laid;
But God is round about me,
And can I be dismayed?

Wherever He may guide me,
No want shall turn me back;
My Shepherd is beside me,
And nothing can I lack.
His wisdom ever waketh,
His sight is never dim;
He knows the way He taketh,
And I will walk with Him.

Green pastures are before me,
Which yet I have not seen;
Bright skies will soon be o'er me,
Where darkest clouds have been.
My hope I cannot measure,
My path in life is free;
My Father has my treasure,
And He will walk with me.


*Sigh.* Sing it with me today!


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

2 Comments:

At 8/25/2006 06:56:00 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh! This is always a favorite of mine! Practically the song to my life in some ways, so will definitely be humming along!

Bets

 
At 8/28/2006 05:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Laura,
Thank you for asking me how i'm doing. I've been doing ok lately. My summer was good but went by really fast. I need to start blogging again and i miss the fruit it was bring in my life by being honest with myself, others and God. I got out of the routine and stopped because i felt like all i was doing was whining. Hopefully in a week or two when things calm down at work i'll start blogging again. Well I hope all is well with you and I hope you had a good summer too.

Take care & God bless,
Esther

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home