Friday, June 02, 2006

Circling the globe

I love that the readers of this blog span the globe. What I’d also love is to have everyone mark their spot on the globe on my Frappr map!

You can sign in to Frappr totally anonymously if you like, but it would still be fun to have your location and your thoughts on the map.

Click on the link, and roll over the flags on the map to see who is already signed up. You can zero in on the flags if you like as well with the sliding scale over to the left.

I hope you’ll then fill out the “Add Me” section over to the right.

  • If you want to stay anonymous, just don’t put in your real name.
  • This is a Google company, so I believe them when they say they won’t use your email for anything else. If you don’t want to share your email, you can always put in a fake one--just be sure to do it in email format (fakename@domain.com). (A little online trick I picked up years ago.)
  • A US ZIP code will put your flag in the right place, or click the “not in the US?” link to add your international city.
  • You can also add a “shoutout,” a comment that will appear with your flag when people roll over it.
  • If you’re really ambitious, include a photo. It doesn’t have to be of you, it can be any image you like.
  • Enter the letters you see appearing in the little grid (a security measure to prevent spam), and click "Add Me!"
  • I’ll get an email alerting me to your entry, and once I approve it, you’ll be on the map!

I think of my readers daily and am so grateful for you all. I love this visual representation of encompassing you all in thought.

Much love and have a great weekend!


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

Del.icio.us tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home