Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My day in court

I never mentioned much about that day I had to go to court. And, not much happened that day besides scheduling various other dates that we’d have to appear. So the case is still ongoing.

Spiritually, though, I felt comforted. My psalm reading for that day happened to be Psalm 50.

Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined.

Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence:

He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people.

And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself.

--Psalm 50

I read those words while sitting on a wooden bench surrounded by lawyers and officials, and a peace settled over me. I am in God’s hands. Divine Love is evaluating the situation and caring for me.

I understood better that what I really want is not to win or for the other party to lose, but for what is fair. It’s clear that I have my point of view, and they have theirs. I don’t have the objective perspective to know what the outcome should be. Yet God knows. He is Principle as well as Love, so He knows what is fair.

I’m also revisiting a posting I wrote some time ago about fairness. That day I had a “play on words” inspiration, which uplifted me. Now those same words are making me go deeper.

Human fairness seems to take time; Principle’s fairness is already enforced. There is already harmony, equity, balance, righteousness. My life is the unfoldment of that already established fairness—the “perfection of beauty” from the Psalm.

As I think through these ideas, I regain the confidence that all is well.



Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

Del.icio.us tags:

1 Comments:

At 5/09/2006 09:12:00 AM, Blogger joy said...

What beautiful ideas. Very helpful to me too. Thanks Laura

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home