Tuesday, April 25, 2006

When kismet strikes

Please give your feedback with this brief questionnaire.

All right! It now seems that all my technical difficulties have been solved, so I’m back to being able to post and to sending out my daily email from my Web hosting service. So, on to the spiritual stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know that feeling when a particular passage or phrase suddenly seems to have added meaning that directly applies to your situation? When that happens to me, I’ve been prone to giving it kind of magical attributes—like, ooo, aah, God sent me just the right message today. It’s kismet, it’s serendipity, it’s coincidence, but it’s divine. Now, however, I’m starting to suspect that something else is going on.

Yesterday I had a wide diversity of issues to pray about, ranging from personal family situations to calls for help from around the country on many different topics. As I opened my thought to how to begin my treatments in a systematic fashion, I was drawn to this passage:

When the illusion of sickness or sin tempts you, cling steadfastly to God and His idea. Allow nothing but His likeness to abide in your thought. Let neither fear nor doubt overshadow your clear sense and calm trust, that the recognition of life harmonious — as Life eternally is — can destroy any painful sense of, or belief in, that which Life is not. Let Christian Science, instead of corporeal sense, support your understanding of being, and this understanding will supplant error with Truth, replace mortality with immortality, and silence discord with harmony.

--Science and Health

It was the phrase “clear sense and calm trust” that came to mind, so I went to the complete passage to see what else was there. This passage became my prayer for the day. And it fit every situation. I gained huge inspiration from going over that passage methodically for every individual I was treating. Each time fresh insights came through. It never felt like I was going over the same ground, but rather I was feeling increased resonance with the ideas.

Was this magic? Did God send me an idea to find just the right passage that had specific applicability to every circumstance? I don’t think so. What I think now is that by opening my thought to embrace this passage with new eyes, universal Truth took over.

Truth is just true. When we get an inkling of it, it breaks through on a conscious level and we experience inspiration. But Truth has always been there, strong, resolute, undeniable. Truth is the source of the inspiration, not the coincidental words or phases. It’s our engagement with the ideas that energizes our prayer.

Look for the Truth in your life today. It’s everywhere!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

1 Comments:

At 4/25/2006 04:50:00 PM, Anonymous Mom said...

Dear Laura,
This passage from S&H means so much to me!! I had a wonderful healing of pneumonia (age 18)using these Truths as my prayer. The word "let" stands out as the pathway to surrendering to God's law of healing.
Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home