Monday, April 03, 2006

Late better than never?

Sorry to be so late today!

And it seems my whole life is about being late. I totally missed the Daylight Savings switchover, which made me totally miss teaching Sunday school. I’ve done this a couple times before, but usually I’m able to pull myself together enough to get there maybe 15 minutes late. This time I missed the whole thing!

I felt especially bad because one of the kids was bringing a friend, and had called me the day before to make sure I’d be there. “Of course I’ll be there!” I answered heartily. Fortunately, the superintendent stood in for me, and afterward, when I was shamefacedly arriving to serve at the nearby Reading Room for the after church hours, the kids came over and we sat and talked for a while.

I hate letting down a friend. It’s such a nasty feeling. Sure, it was a mistake, but I can’t tell you how much I hate making mistakes. I discovered something interesting when talking to my sister a few months ago. I realized that unless I’m getting an “A” in something, I feel like I’m failing. How weird is that?

It comes down to trust, that theme I’ve been exploring lately. That even if my human efforts aren’t perfect, there’s still a God making everything work out harmoniously. I trust myself too much; I should trust God more. Not to blow off my responsibilities, but to see life as a series of growth opportunities rather than pass/fail events.

I need to read my own blog entry about Principle again. About everything being orderly and in its place. About God’s government and my role in its unfoldment. And just rest in the calm assurance that all is well.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

Del.icio.us tags:

1 Comments:

At 4/03/2006 06:59:00 PM, Anonymous Veronika Wilcox said...

DOING RIGHT

Doing right is not so hard.
I have a compass within me
Which my Father placed there.

If I only look at it
And follow it
It always shows me where to go.

Love, Veronika

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home