Tuesday, February 21, 2006

God fills

I like to play with verbs. Verbs make things happen.

Case in point: the verb “fills.” I got caught on it the other day when considering the spiritual idea that God fills all space.

Usually when this idea comes around, it’s to acknowledge that wherever you are, God’s already there. Spirit, Love, Mind, Truth already fill all space.

But this time, the word “fills” came to me more like how you fill a cannoli. Something that was once empty becomes filled. To me, this is how the Divine reaches the human. If there’s an empty space, God fills it. Injects it with love, with purpose, with encouragement, with comfort. And, by being filled with God’s goodness, anything unlike God no longer has any room. Inject goodness, eject evil.

Another way to look at it is that perhaps we’re the filling. Meaning, if there’s an empty spot, like a job opening or a family relationship, maybe God fills it with us. I like to think of myself sometimes as the missing piece of a jigsaw puzzle that God is putting together, placing me right where I’m needed to complete the picture. There’s a wholeness that comes from being willing to move where God leads. And I get to companion with other pieces to create the whole.

Today, while I’m praying about areas that seem like voids in my life, issues I’m confused about or the general uncertainties of life, I think I’ll turn it on its head. Instead of emphasizing my need to be filled, I’ll pray to be the filling.

Something to consider:


Unfathomable Mind is expressed. The depth, breadth, height, might, majesty, and glory of infinite Love fill all space. That is enough!

--Science and Health


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

2 Comments:

At 2/21/2006 04:31:00 PM, Anonymous Veronika said...

Dear Laura,
When I went for a walk this morning and looked at the beautiful country side surrounding me, the large trees, the hills and the sound of the birds ringing like little bells, I felt part of this. I thought that I was a part of God’s creation and I could never not ‘fill’ my place in it. I could not leave it because there was no ‘outside’ of it and without me God’s creation would be incomplete.
Love, Veronika

 
At 2/22/2006 08:07:00 AM, Blogger joy said...

Thank you Laura and Veronika, all these thoughts are just so helpful and inspiring. Love, Joy

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home