Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Keep at it -- it has to yield

There was an exchange yesterday in the comments that not everyone might have seen, so I thought I'd post it today.

uweps said...

Hi Laura,

thank you for this inspiring article.

I feel so impatient with my spiritual progress sometimes, that I think in those moments, gods spriritual laws are made for everybody, exept me. I don't think about walking on water! One simple healing would be a big step forward for me, and would satisfy me absolutely in the moment.
Since a weeks I'm dealing with a dry coughing, and can't find (demonstrate) healing. I do know that I'm, as God's beloved child and reflection, can't express sickness, although the coughing seems to dominate me.
Do you have a helpful thougt for me?

Best Regards, Uwe

uwe, thanks for writing in... I know what that's like, to have a persistent symptom and how tough that can be sometimes.

when I have problems that come up again and again, I try to use each instance as a reminder. whenever it happens, I stop and align my thought as closely as I can with the truth of being. I'll wait for a new inspiration each time. This is key, because just going over the same ground you have been doesn't bring the progress you need for healing. Each instance can be an opportunity to build on the inspiration from before.

whenever I've done this consistently and persistently, the symptom invariably yields to the stronger spiritual truth. and I just have to do this one more time than the symptom to be healed!

so keep at it. feel free to email me, too, at laura@lbmatthews.com.

much love,
Laura


An example of this was when I was healed of ringing in the ears. Being persistent and consistent really got me there.

I think we can approach even the most obnoxious symptoms without fear, just one moment at a time. Get through the current moment with spiritual truth, and let that build to the healing conclusion. It can't help it! Mortal mind always yields to Spirit.


From Science and Health:


That mortal mind claims to govern every organ of the mortal body, we have overwhelming proof. But this so-called mind is a myth, and must by its own consent yield to Truth. It would wield the sceptre of a monarch, but it is powerless. The immortal divine Mind takes away all its supposed sovereignty, and saves mortal mind from itself.

151:31-5

The five material senses testify to truth and error as united in a mind both good and evil. Their false evidence will finally yield to Truth, — to the recognition of Spirit and of the spiritual creation.

287:27

Mortals are not like immortals, created in God's own image; but infinite Spirit being all, mortal consciousness will at last yield to the scientific fact and disappear, and the real sense of being, perfect and forever intact, will appear.

295:11

The dream that matter and error are something must yield to reason and revelation. Then mortals will behold the nothingness of sickness and sin, and sin and sickness will disappear from consciousness.

347:26-29

The body is the substratum of mortal mind, and this so-called mind must finally yield to the mandate of immortal Mind.

371:2

All the evidence of physical sense and all the knowledge obtained from physical sense must yield to Science, to the immortal truth of all things.

493:6

The finite must yield to the infinite.

256:1-2



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

6 Comments:

At 1/11/2006 02:41:00 PM, Blogger KP said...

This blog post is very useful to me and no doubt others. Occasionally I seem to get stuck too and reading this idea of simple persistence with the Truth is helpful to hear.

Thanks LBM.

 
At 1/11/2006 04:36:00 PM, Anonymous rev. Veronika Birken said...

Dear Laura,
I can only say "Amen" because I too have experienced many testimonies of healing to know that this method works. In music, whenever I correct a wrong note it does disappear. Now a professional musician only needs one correction but a beginner often needs many reminders (corrections) and lots of help. What he is really learning is patience and persistence. So, if things seem to move slowly I know that I will succeed because the right 'note' (Truth) already exists and that persistence and patience w i l l carry me there.
Love, Veronika

 
At 1/11/2006 11:45:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

thank you for the quotes about yielding! And thanks to Uwe for writing in and getting this idea discussed on the web!

 
At 1/12/2006 03:57:00 AM, Blogger @>-;-- jay said...

He is the Lord that healeth thee...

 
At 1/13/2006 03:22:00 PM, Blogger uweps said...

Hello Laura,

thank you so much again!
Your articel and the quote's from science and health helped me a lot to understand more. Also the coughing became much less aggressive already (!!) and I feel that I am on the right track.

Best Regards,
Uwe

 
At 1/17/2006 01:44:00 PM, Blogger uweps said...

Dear Laura,

again, thank you very much for your support!

That obstinate nasty cough I had to deal with has gone! After three and a half week it just disappeared. I'm flabbergasted. It's gone two day's ago already, but I wanted to wait until I'am 100 % sure, that it's healed truly.

I'm very vary grateful!

Best Regards,
Uwe

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home