Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Uncomplicated prayer

Sometimes I get too complicated in my prayer. I’ll bring in every issue including the kitchen sink and try to cover it all, forcing myself through all kinds of mental gymnastics.

This morning, though, I awoke with a simple prayer in my thought. It’s from a poem by Mary Baker Eddy.


My prayer, some daily good to do

To Thine, for Thee;

An offering pure of Love, whereto

God leadeth me.

--“Christ My Refuge”



It’s comforting to know that just doing some good for someone is prayer enough for today. Today I’ll just do good.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

Del.icio.us tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home