Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Adjusting the blueprints

Be sure to put yourself on Frappr!
------------------------------------

My friend Chris send me this article, fascinating stuff:


FINDING MY RELIGION

Bruce Lipton, cell biologist and author of "The Biology of Belief," says it's our beliefs, not our DNA, that control our biology


Here's a quote:


What do you see as the implications of this discovery in terms of our everyday lives?


The implication is that this basic idea we have that we are controlled by our genes is false. It's an idea that turns us into victims. I'm saying we are the creators of our situation. The genes are merely the blueprints. We are the contractors, and we can adjust those blueprints. And we can even rewrite them.


I love this fresh articulation of something Christian Science has been saying for over a century. We control our body with our thought, not the other way around.


It takes some rigor to learn how to do this in the face of physical claims in the opposite direction. I've achieved the most regular success with this tactic in the area of the common cold.


Frequently, especially in times like now when the mornings dawn clear and cold, I awake with some stuffiness. At that point, I always make a decision: am I going to live with stuffiness all day, or am I going to dispense with it? So I tell myself, This is not going to get any inroads today. I just refuse to have a runny nose today. Instead, I will live a day of health and freedom. So nose, just knock it off. And it does.


This works not because I have some superbrain that communicates in a unique way. Rather, in taking that stand, I am aligning myself with divine Mind and its understanding of my being—the Super Mind, if you will. That Supreme Creator has the ultimate knowledge of what's true about me, and when I align myself with that knowledge, I experience the power that can destroy illness and bring freedom.


"Adjusting the blueprints," as Lipton says, is reliable and effective when it is in accordance with the Creator's will for us, which is always good. Otherwise it would just be one person's opinion over another's about what is good. Aligning ourselves with the Divine ensures increased harmony and constant good.


From Science and Health:


The scientific government of the body must be attained through the divine Mind. It is impossible to gain control over the body in any other way.


When you have once conquered a diseased condition of the body through Mind, that condition never recurs, and you have won a point in Science. When mentality gives rest to the body, the next toil will fatigue you less, for you are working out the problem of being in divine metaphysics; and in proportion as you understand the control which Mind has over so-called matter, you will be able to demonstrate this control.


If we follow the command of our Master, "Take no thought for your life," we shall never depend on bodily conditions, structure, or economy, but we shall be masters of the body, dictate its terms, and form and control it with Truth.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

1 Comments:

At 11/15/2005 02:08:00 PM, Blogger ENS said...

Hi Laura,
I hope you are having a wonderful day. Thank you so much for all your prayers. I'm very grateful for all of them.

Love, Esther

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home