Thursday, October 06, 2005

I saw the light

Yesterday was a good day—I saw the light.


Most of the time when I pray, I get a warm feeling of conviction, which is great. Sometimes, and not often enough, I get an overpowering new idea that comes almost unbidden and transforms my prayer into genuine communion.


Yesterday I'm praying away with love in my heart when the idea of light just flowed into me. Suddenly it was the only thing I could think about. Light as a symbol of spiritual inspiration and grace. Light touching all creation, *being* all creation. I thought of the light sparkling on the leaves, dancing on the water, warming each one of us and radiating throughout the universe.


The peace I felt as a receptor of this inspiration became substantial and all-encompassing. It was my only reality. And then I found it was 100% applicable to everything I was praying about, all the people and situations that have come to my attention for specific prayer. Light lifting the clouds of depression, light easing physical pain with joy, light pouring through and being reflected by all those in need. Light unifying us and inspiring us and comforting us. We bask in this light.


This time of dwelling with the light infused my day with inspiration. It's hard to be unhappy or discouraged when a gift like this has been given to you. Nothing makes any sense except, "All is well."


I'm sharing this today because I believe these moments are where transformation and healing take place. One significant new influx of truth can change us substantially and open our consciousness to healing not only for ourselves but for others. With that truth being so real to me, I can then embrace anyone else who has asked for it in that truth as well, and they can feel the benefits.


Frankly, I have no idea if this is making sense! :) I'm trying to articulate something that goes beyond words, so thanks for your patience with me today. It was powerful enough that I wanted to share it somehow.


May your day today be filled with light.


For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Truth and Love enlighten the understanding, in whose "light shall we see light;" and this illumination is reflected spiritually by all who walk in the light and turn away from a false material sense.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

Del.icio.us tags:

3 Comments:

At 10/06/2005 09:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have also been dwelling on and in the idea of light this week. The two quotations that have been uppermost for me are:


5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.(I John 1:5)

and:

God, Spirit, dwelling in infinite light and harmony from which emanates the true idea, is never reflected by aught but the good.
(Science & Health p503)

I have really been getting the idea that there is no eclipse of this light, and because, for each one of us, God is our complete source, no-one else can eclipse us or take anything from us or add anything to us. This is very important for me as I have been in a relationship where I have been struggling to have a sense of my own completeness. I was also brought up with a view that marriage was about two halves making a whole, so the idea of being a complete identity in my own right, not added to or diminished by a marital relationship is very, very important for me.

 
At 10/06/2005 11:44:00 AM, Blogger Laura said...

these are wonderful insights, thanks so much for sharing!

 
At 10/06/2005 01:22:00 PM, Blogger ENS said...

Thank you for sharing that story with us. What an awesome experience to have!

Have a wonderful day! :-)

Your friend,
Esther

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home