Wednesday, September 21, 2005

comment verification

Hi, folks! I've just changed a setting on my blog, because I was beginning to get something known as "comment spam," meaning automated systems would post comments to my blog as a way to spread their links. So now, when you comment, there's a "word verification" hoop to pass through that ensures you're a real person commenting. It shows up at the bottom of the comment screen, above the "log in and publish" button.


Please let me know what you think of this new setting! If you hate it and it keeps you from commenting, I'll turn it off and go back to deleting spam comments one by one. I for sure want you to comment as much as you'd like.

Today's inspirational entry is below.

-------------------------
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

2 Comments:

At 9/21/2005 08:23:00 PM, Anonymous Rev. Veronika Birken said...

Dear Laura,
Whatever is easier for you is fine with me.
Love is All!
Veronika

 
At 9/22/2005 02:59:00 PM, Blogger karen gsteiger said...

Hi Laura,

Just thought I'd check in with you...I'm trying to unbury myself at work at the moment.

Completely understand your desire to keep your blog spam-free...don't let those jerks try to sell you a mortgage!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home