Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Be in the stream

I haven't always understood love. I started out thinking love was something you had to *get*, like clothes or schooling. I didn't have enough; I wanted more; I had to go out and get it.


Love to me was like a pitcher of water, and I was the empty glass beside it. If I were lucky, it would pour into me and fill me up. Only when I was full would I be able to turn to some other empty glass and share some of mine. But hey, as soon as I shared, I'd be low again. Maybe they would pour some back, and I'd fill up. But also maybe we'd spill or water would evaporate… you get the idea. There would never be enough to keep us all happy.


Then I had a series of experiences in a transformative time in my life (here's one) where I began to sense that Love is something much bigger than a pitcher of water. It is, in fact, a free-flowing gushing river of abundance. It flows all around me, it fills all space. It has no limits, so there are no limits to how much of it I can have.


For you don't give and get love; you are Love's self-expression. Love expresses itself through you. And when you express it, you also have it.


So now to me, Love behaves like a water from an unlimited river, and I am a creek it is flowing through. The more I open up, the more Love flows through me. I am giving and receiving at the same instant.


Sometimes I feel like Love is a stream flowing right through the center of my back and out my front, pouring on all around me as I strive to express more Love. Yet the feeling of Love's presence filling me up with that stream continues. I feel embraced in the flow of Love even as I'm sharing it with others.


This is the amazing nature of things of the spirit; the more you share, the more you have. You can't say that about material things. But spiritual truth, love, intelligence, grace are unlimited, so they can only keep going the more we express them.


Join me in the stream today.



The depth, breadth, height, might, majesty, and glory of infinite Love fill all space. That is enough!


-------------------------
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

2 Comments:

At 9/14/2005 06:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Spirit's Message for Today on my web site fits in so beautifully with what you shared, Laura.
I loved the way you put it!
Here is the Message:

All is well! Focus on the true and good
and you will bring these into your experience.
Love is all. Be Love; see Love; feel Love
for you are Love. Amen.

Love and peace, Veronika

 
At 9/18/2005 10:52:00 PM, Blogger books said...

Thank you Laura! This is wonderful. I realize that no matter what mortal mind may have rejected me in my past, God's love has NEVER nor EVER WILL reject me. I am in his constant stream of Love!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home