Monday, July 11, 2005

Love is the final word

As our beloved friends in London today begin to identify their dead, my heart reaches out to them. How can I give comfort? How can my prayers help with their grief? How do you pray for an entire country?

I remember the first time I felt overwhelmed this way. It was after the Oklahoma City bombings, where so many children were taken from us. I was channel surfing one night, and came on a station that was airing, with mournful music playing, each of the faces of the victims. A new one would come on every few seconds, beautiful pictures of innocent happy faces, now lost to us. My anguish gathered momentum, and I found myself weeping.

What had happened to these people? I prayed. Where are they now? Do they miss us? Are they sad? Are they scared? How can I help them?

I had to turn to the great heart of Love for the answer. The Love that fills all space, that fills every moment. And in truth those dear ones had always been in the embrace of Love. This Love knows no violence, no evil intent. This Love is secure unto itself.

I began to think of the children as having been catapulted right into the arms of Love. I pictured them seeing hearing feeling only Love, holding them up and comforting them. In fact, they had always been there, and I prayed that now they could feel it, wherever they were.

And I prayed for the families, that they too would feel that Love. I know there was so much love poured out toward them from their communities and our country, and this is an expression of the everpresence of infinite Love. We can live Love to each other with our prayers and caring.

I sent forth this prayer of Love, striving to envelop all of that city with its overarching embrace. It's the same prayer I sent forth at 9/11, at Bali, at Madrid, at the tsunamis. It’s the prayer I cling to whenever I hear of mass tragedies -- the prayer that Love went before, is there during, and remains after whatever moments of destruction appear to bring.

The destruction is not the final word -- Love is.


Remember, thou canst be brought into no condition, be it ever so severe, where Love has not been before thee and where its tender lesson is not awaiting thee.

--Mary Baker Eddy

-------------------------
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

Del.icio.us tags:

1 Comments:

At 7/12/2005 08:29:00 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Answers to tragedies:

Dreams, dreams, dreams called nightmares. The belief in a power apart from God in whatever form it takes. It can be a cold, cancer, death, stealing, an earthquake. Mortal mind has a long list of events lined up which all witness to the absence of the power of Love. It is also the
belief in a mortal life which can be attacked and lost. Mourning is
always a shattering of my own cherished dream that life in and of the body can be real. Only Truth is true. Only Love is real. Spirit is a l l and there is none beside Him.

These prayers I can only say within myself for the world would respond
with uproar at this Truth. Christ was never crucified. The Christ is all there is. There is none else. Adam is a dream - a dam - an obstruction to seeing the Truth. Amen.

Peace first, Veronika

Miracle Practice - Healing Circle of Light
www.trueimage.name

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home