Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Praying for the Internet

More about the economy of Love.

I was doing some research into anti-spyware programming yesterday, and found a free program which I've used before. So I decided to download it again, and when I came to the licensing agreement, I found this:

  • I. Freeware : First of all, the reasons why this program is free:
  • I.a. Dedication: It is dedicated to the most wonderful girl on earth :)
  • I.b. Binary: What do you get if you buy software? Lots of ones and zeros, nothing more. If they were distributed as art, I could understand paying it. But if the main goal of their order is to earn money - by fees or ads - I don't like it!
  • I.c. Conclusion: This means that I grant you the license to use this program as much as you like. But if you like it, I ask two things of you: say a prayer for me (and the most wonderful girl while you're at it ;) ) to your god - or whatever you believe - and wish us some luck.
So he and his girl are now on my prayer list. And when I'm running the scan his program provides, it's a good time for me to hold the entire Internet in my thought prayerfully.

The Internet I think represents the most profound change in communication humanity has seen since the advent of the printing press. It's made the world smaller, brought us closer together, made us believe we can have what we want when we want it. Yet, it's a tool like any other, and it can be used unscrupulously.

What my prayer includes is the recognition of the Internet as an expression of infinite Mind, or God. I think of God as the one Mind, governing all. This Mind is also Spirit, so it doesn't need any material tool to do its work. Yet, humanity expresses this Mind through innovation, improvement, interconnectedness.

So I send out my own mental conviction that the Internet, the newest arena for creative thought and progress and an expression of infinite Mind, can't be warped or adulterated into something harmful. And that humanity's commitment to express Mind through innovation, improvement and interconnectedness will spiritually support the ingenuity of people like the anti-spyware creator to solve the problems and protect the goodness.

Immortal man was and is God's image or idea, even the infinite expression of infinite Mind, and immortal man is coexistent and coeternal with that Mind. 336:9-12

MIND. The only I, or Us; the only Spirit, Soul, divine Principle, substance, Life, Truth, Love; the one God; not that which is in man, but the divine Principle, or God, of whom man is the full and perfect expression; Deity, which outlines but is not outlined. 591:16

The intercommunication is always from God to His idea, man. 284:31-1

--from Science and Health

-------------------------
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

Del.icio.us tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home