Monday, June 27, 2005

Plead God's allness

In order to pray aright, we must enter into the closet and shut the door. We must close the lips and silence the material senses. In the quiet sanctuary of earnest longings, we must deny sin and plead God's allness.

On Friday in my prayer, I reached a new insight. What came to me as I contemplated was a new sense of God's allness. Somehow I was attracted to that idea, and I stayed with it for an hour or two. And I had what I can only describe as an inside-out experience.

If you've read The Last Battle by CS Lewis, the final book of The Chronicles of Narnia (soon to be a movie), you might remember the bit where the heroes enter a small shack in a dark, burning forest only to find themselves in a wide open beautiful sunlit field with mountains and clouds and trees. They look back out the door and see the dark forest they came from. One character remarks how the inside of the shack is bigger than the outside.

That's how I felt on Friday. The inside of my head -- my thought -- was bigger than everything material, the entire material universe. I felt the material universe was tiny, miniscule, negligible, and the infinite nature of God was all. I think I was connecting with divine Mind in a way I hadn't before. And I so wanted to hang on to this feeling that I started doing what Mary Baker Eddy says above -- I began to plead God's allness.

It wasn't a begging sort of pleading, but from the standpoint of, This is really real, therefore I plead for it as I would for an innocent defendant if I were his or her lawyer. The plea is for what is real, not for what I wish were real. I'm pleading God's allness in the court of thought, putting that stake in the ground and doing my bit to convince limited consciousness to yield to Truth.

This has brought me to a new sense of pleading as proactive, energized, authoritative. I suppose I had been thinking of it as wishful or plaintive, but no more. It's pleading that knows it's right and indeed the only possible outcome of divine creation. There's a strength to it and a conviction I hadn't seen before.

I’m still on the case, pleading for God's allness. Please join me!


-------------------------
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home