Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Impacted wisdom teeth cured

Many years ago, in my early 20s, my wisdom teeth started to bother me. I had seen X-rays when I had braces as a teen, showing all four teeth as impacted below the gums, all set for coming in sideways. My orthodontist at the time said, "As soon as these start coming in, have them taken out. Otherwise they'll push your other teeth around and ruin all the orthodontia." Not fun.

So here I was, with an aching jaw and not looking forward to the necessary operation. However, I also happened to be in touch with my Christian Science teacher (a great man, passed away now) on another issue. I had called him to ask advice on how to help a friend. We talked for a bit, then I happened to mention the wisdom teeth problem. I wasn't expecting healing; I basically asked whether Christian Science could help make the operation less painful. But he said something that turned everything around and has stuck with me all these years.

He said, "There is no useless growth."

That's all he said. I thought, Huh, that's interesting, and hung up the phone. No useless growth. This made total sense to me. How could growth of any kind be a waste of time? True growth, that is -- spiritual growth. And spiritual growth is the only kind there is.

Huh, I thought. Makes sense.

And I forgot about the teeth. They stopped bothering me, and the next time I went to a dentist and got X-rays, three of my wisdom teeth were in perfectly straight, and the fourth was only slightly sideways. This last tooth developed a cavity only last year, so I had it removed. But my wisdom teeth caused me no trouble at all other than that.

I suppose this has become my benchmark for spiritual healing. Instant, clear, right to the point. This kind of healing is possible today, as it was twenty years ago, as it was 2,000 years ago when Jesus walked the earth. I encourage anyone who's interested to find out more. Science and Health is a great resource.


-------------------------
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

1 Comments:

At 4/06/2008 12:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your submission. It is an inspiration to those of us with similar problems.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home