Thursday, June 30, 2005

If you're real, you're worthy

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

In the Gospel of John, it is declared that all things were made through the Word of God, "and without Him [the logos, or word] was not anything made that was made." Everything good or worthy, God made. Whatever is valueless or baneful, He did not make, — hence its unreality.


Today I want to write about worthiness for a special new friend (you know who you are!).

What makes us worthy? Is it our human goodness, our virtues, our struggles to improve? Are we worthy if we're good most of the time, only slipping up occasionally? Are we worthy if we've done lots and lots of things wrong, but we finally repent? Frankly, is there anything we can do to earn the abundant goodness divine Love sends our way?

There's an inherent flaw in trying to prove worthiness with some kind of human scorecard. That's because our worthiness is unrelated to what we do -- it's a factor of what we are.

We are children of Love. We are Life's creation. We are ideas of Mind.

Love can't exist without something to love. Life is useless if it doesn't propagate. Mind is nothing without ideas.

We're worthy because Love, Life, Mind would be incomplete without us.

You might think, Well, there's so much wrong with me that I can't have been created by Love, Life, Mind. I was created by something else, something human or mortal.

But I'd say to you: Don't define yourself by the mortal personality you see in the mirror. Start defining yourself by your thoughts, your intentions, your motives, your consciousness. Define yourself by your spiritual side, and you'll deepen your worship of Spirit.

There is only one Creator, and the Creator has created everything that is real. The Creator is omnipotent good. It is dishonoring the Creator to claim that any part of creation is substandard. On the flip side, it is the height of devotion to acknowledge the wonder and glory of all creation -- including ourselves.

You are the result of the Creator creating. You are real, therefore you are worthy.

In my experience, once I became clear on that point, I began to see how to transform my human self to live up to it. I couldn't improve my human self while starting from a debased basis. I had to acknowledge my own role in Spirit's creation, and that I owed it to God to accept my own worthiness. For otherwise, I'd be dishonoring Him.

And there's no better way to worship Him than to give Him credit for the perfect creation of all that is real -- including me, including you.


-------------------------
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home