Friday, June 03, 2005

Be a foot-washer

Got this wonderful update from one of the friends I mentioned a couple weeks ago:

I am doing pretty good under the circumstances. You would not believe how much work I have pouring in, I am busy all of the time. I do worry at times since it is self-employment and I have to get my own work, nobody does it for me. But I am truly grateful for what is coming my way now.

And the best part it has turned out to be jobs where much love is needed and comfort and joy. I work for a lady who has five kids who lost her husband last year, and I have become good friends with her not to mention I do tons of work that she is unable to do. Then I work for a couple that is in their 70s, the lady never leaves the house and looks forward to me coming once every two weeks because it gives her someone to talk to. And yet another is a couple who is one year away from 90, and the lady is in the first stages of Alzheimer's. She loves to see me every couple of days and she often cries on my shoulder and I just tell her how much she is loved by God and her husband loves to talk to me and tell me all of the things he has done in his life. And I have as gone as far to rub lotion on their feet and bring them lunch. Their kids think I am an angel sent from heaven.

And there is much more..... but it would take pages to tell you. I would have never guessed this is what I would be doing but I did cherish it in my thought for a very long time before I ever acted upon it and of course I prayed to find the people I work for, where I could be the most use, including love and spirituality. The world needs that so much and I need to give it.


And all I could think about when I read this was how Christly my dear friend is, and how I know this Christliness will sustain her and her boy as she resolves things with her husband. That rubbing lotion on the feet of her elderly clients -- isn't that reminiscent of Jesus telling us to wash each other's feet? My friend is doing that, literally. How many of us do that today?

So I leave you with this tender message for the weekend: Join with me in being on the lookout for those who need our foot-washing skills. It might be a chance encounter, or someone you see every day. Like my friend above, let's pray to "be of use" -- to be a messenger of God's blessings wherever we go.

The rich in spirit help the poor in one grand brotherhood, all having the same Principle, or Father; and blessed is that man who seeth his brother's need and supplieth it, seeking his own in another's good.

-------------------------
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home