Monday, May 16, 2005

The sun's perspective

I remembered an interesting metaphor last week that has kept me smiling ever since:

From the sun's perspective, there are no shadows.

Think about it. You're the sun, and light is going out from you. All you can see therefore from your perspective is brightly lighted objects and beings. You can't see the shadows behind them, because the objects and beings block their own shadows from your view. So all you see is brightness and glory.

This even applies to the tiniest blade of grass or the merest speck of dust. To the sun, even these humble examples are brightly lit, at their full potential of beauty and grace.

To me, this is a metaphor for how God sees us. God's light, shining on us, only reveals our goodness, our beauty, our perfection. And that's all God knows of us. And He smiles on us, knowing that.

Our darknesses arise when we accept that we are material beings rather than the entirely spiritual emanations of God. It's materiality that blocks the light, and causes shadows. When we believe we are limited, sinful, sick or even on our own. But when we change our perspective, see as God sees, all is light. You can think of yourself as an emanation of God, like those beams of light going forth from Him.

I've quoted this before, but it seems to especially apply again today:
For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light.
Eph. 5:8
We are actually empowered to walk through the world seeing from God's perspective. That is our challenge as Christians, as spiritual thinkers, as children of light. If we are direct emanations from Him, we have no excuse to do otherwise.
The spiritual man's consciousness and individuality are reflections of God. They are the emanations of Him who is Life, Truth, and Love.
Science and Health
I'm going to remind myself every hour today to walk as a child of light, to see from the Sun's perspective. Join me today!


Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.
Del.icio.us tags:

1 Comments:

At 5/17/2005 06:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a quote by Kevin Spacey from American Beauty that might be useful or helpful -

"I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday."

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home