Monday, May 09, 2005

My healing practice

I'm not a teacher, but an awakener.
Robert Frost

--Quote courtesy www.parrotsmeow.com


This line by Robert Frost strikes me as a good explanation of my healing practice. In working with you, I’m not going to be adding anything to you, but helping reveal what you already know. It’s my firm conviction that each person on this planet has their own connection with Spirit. All that’s needed is recognition of this fact, and some ideas on how to access it.

In attaining a deeper consciousness of this connection in my own life, I’ve found that while it’s changed my life in so many ways, it hasn’t changed me. Meaning, I’ve gained a comprehension of who I really am in a way that has felt much more like realization than education. And that new, growing self-concept has enabled me to make or deal with changes in my life with grace and confidence. Sure, people who know me have noticed external changes. These, I feel, are a natural outgrowth of my advanced awareness, though, and don’t indicate change to my fundamental core.

The tool I’ve used has been Christian Science, as explained in Science and Health. It’s been my experience that those who investigate Christian Science with an open mind find that the ideas are universal and applicable in their own lives right where they are. They find that the ideas already coincide with deeply held convictions, including other spiritual teachings and the world’s most inspired religious thought. The ideas resonate so strongly because again, they’re not strange to our inner spiritual selfhood – they reveal it.

I’d love the opportunity to share some ideas with you.

Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.

Del.icio.us tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home