Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day inspiration

Eulogy for a Veteran
Author Unknown

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the mornings hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

------------------------------

With all appreciation for those who have given their lives for freedom, I'd like to share these words as well:

"Work out your own salvation," is the demand of Life and Love, for to this end God worketh with you. "Occupy till I come!" Wait for your reward, and "be not weary in well doing." If your endeavors are beset by fearful odds, and you receive no present reward, go not back to error, nor become a sluggard in the race.

When the smoke of battle clears away, you will discern the good you have done, and receive according to your deserving.

--Science and Health

Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

--Matthew 25:21

Of course I'm thinking too of those dear friends of mine who are serving even now in the armed forces, and I hope they know my love and support goes with them.

If you'd like to leave a message here about a loved one's service to their country, please feel free. Also, Dear Abby has a special page to send letters to the military who are now in service. They're inspiring to read, too.

-------------------------
Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.
Email this posting to a friend with the envelope icon below.

Del.icio.us tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home