Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Be led by Love

I sometimes use Dear Abby to jumpstart my prayers each day. Like this one from Monday.

Woman in love with “perfect” guy still has nagging doubts;
overextended high schooler asks how to find balance

I relate to these problems so closely! I’ve been very eager to find the perfect guy at times in my life, and of course, don’t we all feel overcommitted sometimes?

And I’ve found in both situations, the best thing is to learn how and when to say “no.”

When to say “no”
Prayer, or orienting myself heavenward, has helped me with this. For in the end, I want to say “yes” to what divine Love wants me to do, and “no” to those things Love wants others to do or not to be done at all. I’ve not been successful at figuring these things out for myself, because who can see all the ins and outs of every situation? As mere human beings, we can never have the complete information that omniscient Love has. So to seek Love’s guidance turns out to be the most reliable way to make things turn out okay.

How to say “no”

This too I’ve found is best led by Love. Sometimes it’s stress or resentment making me want to say “no,” and I have to get to that space of Love before I can make the move. Taking the time to feel at one with Love clarifies whether it’s the stress talking or genuine love for my fellow man.

And even then I try to wait for the “go ahead” feeling before I say anything. It’s a feeling of peace, of confidence that everyone involved is loved, and they and I will feel that love even if I have to say “no.” That Love’s provision for everyone is good; therefore, the direction I’m being led can’t harm anyone if Love is guiding me.

I love the adage, “What blesses one, blesses all.” Here’s where it comes from:

In the scientific relation of God to man, we find that whatever blesses one blesses all, as Jesus showed with the loaves and the fishes, — Spirit, not matter, being the source of supply. (Science and Health)

When have you been led by Love?

Your ideas and inspiration are welcome! Please comment below or Contact Laura.

Del.icio.us tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home