Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Appreciating good. Just good.

Today I'm just appreciating good. The fact that good exists, that it's all around us, in so many things we often don't even notice. I may have stressful things on my mind, but still, all around me is a snug house, a bright sun, blossoming tulips, cheerful children, birds chirping.

And when I really think about it, these things and their abundance clearly outweigh anything I might consider bad. Maybe I'm worried about the bills or about my parents or about feeling lonely.... and these things are important, I do need to address them. Yet, they don't come close to being even a significant fraction of the totality of my life. My life is made up of again and again more good than anything else.

Look around you. List the good. Can the list of what's going wrong even come close? Be honest, be appreciative. Do you need help to see it? Then ask the Creator of all things good, divine Love itself. "And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good" (Gen. 1:31). He'll show you.
Del.icio.us tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home