Sunday, April 24, 2005

We are Eternal

A concept that meant a lot to me this week is the idea of being eternal. I love that word. When I dwell on it, it seems to expand and encompass everything. It's the Now that continues to always be Now. I love the spiritual fact that there is only Now, and there is no past, present or future. Time, as Science and Health tells us, is a mortal measurement, and this means to me that it has no reality. We are not actually marching through time, but are one with eternity.

And that which is eternal is unchanging. So I am unchanging. I am, right now, the complete expression of God, full, perfect. Sometimes I wonder, can I claim this for myself? Is it too much to believe? But then I remember that God is All, and the only way to really worship Him is to admit that all of His creation is as He is, perfect. And that includes me, a permanent part of eternity.
Del.icio.us tags:

1 Comments:

At 8/13/2006 10:53:00 PM, Blogger jundags said...

Thank you very much for this post, Laura.

As I was pondering about this, I realized that since God is not bound by time (and space), neither are his ideas or reflection bound by said limitations. So, for us who "live, and move, and have our being" in God, we can be confident that God is sustaining us (we'll always be secure and our needs always met) even if physical experiences suggest otherwise.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home